Golf Outing Regulations
- The golf outing agreement must be read, signed and returned with $100 deposit before the requested date is reserved. The agreement and deposit must be received a minimum of three weeks after receiving contract, otherwise date will be released. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Starting times are for foursomes. The outing times must correspond with times regularly used by the golf course.
- Riding carts are mandatory and are included in the outing price.
- A merchandise prize fund is mandatory and included in the outing price. The fund is $5 per player and will be returned in the form of golf merchandise-only gift certificates.
- Senior, Junior or any other discount rates are not applicable to a golf outing. Bonus Round benefits are not earned on golf outings.
- Tee times will be on #1 tee only, unless other arrangements have been approved by the clubhouse manager/pro in the golf outing contract. Shotgun start outings have additional provisions and special rates, please see Shotgun Regulations pricing.
- Golf outings are subject to the following schedule:
- Before Labor Day:
Mondays through Fridays at all courses; Outings with more than 50 players will receive preference. Twelve players is the minimum for an outing.
Saturdays & Sundays: Outings with more than 40 players will be scheduled 11 a.m. or later.
- After Labor Day:
Any open date; weekends after 9 a.m. - all golf courses.
- Confirmed reservation figures must be received by the golf clubhouse representative at least 7 days in advance of the reserved date final date is due day of event.
- On the day of the event, final payment for all fees and services is due and payable to the golf course representative.
- Additional starting times may be requested up to the day of the event but will only be granted if available.
- In the event that inclement weather causes cancellation of the golf outing, the outing may be rescheduled, subject to availability, or a refund will be given. Rain dates may not be scheduled prior to the actual cancellation of an outing.
- In the event that inclement weather causes a cancellation after outing golfers have teed off, refunds and rainchecks will be granted in accordance with the golf course raincheck policy.
- A refund exceeding $100 will be in the form of a check processed by Cleveland Metroparks accounting division. Allow up to 6 weeks for processing.
- In the event inclement weather forces carts to not be available, but the course remains open, the outing representative may:
- Cancel and reschedule.
- Cancel and receive refund.
- Play and receive refund for carts and greens fees of golfers not able to play without a cart.
- All golf course rules and regulations apply to the golf outing. Listed below are a few of the significant rules that pertain to outings. A violation of these rules and regulations could affect a groups' ability to book future outings.
- Golf outings must play at Cleveland Metroparks Par Time of 4 1/2 hours for 18 holes, 2 1/4 for 9 holes, or 15 minutes per hole, or keep pace with any groups immediately preceding the outing.
- Riding carts must be kept at least 30 feet from greens snd adhere to cart rules posted that day. At Manakiki, Sleepy Hollow, Shawnee Hills and Big Met, there may be times when carts must remain on the path at all times. All non-players going onto the golf course need to sign a waiver form available at the golf shop.
- All alcoholic beverages consumed on the premises must be purchased from the clubhouse concessionaire. No carry-in alcohol or coolers are permitted.
- Dress code: Golf shirts must be worn at all times. Sleeves are suggested on men's shirts, ladies may wear a sleeveless, collared golf shirt at Manakiki and Sleepy Hollow. Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, mesh shirts, or similar attire are not permitted. Golf slacks, skirts, or mid-length shorts must be worn at all times. (Jeans, swimming attire, short-shorts, cutoffs, jogging shorts, sweat pants, and similar attire, are not permitted.) Proper footwear must be worn at all times. No metal spikes are permitted. High heels, sharp heels, lug shoes, knobby rubber spikes, or shoes deemed harmful to the course, are not permitted.
- Cleveland Metroparks enforces pace of play.
- Outings are restricted to selling a limited number of mulligans.
- Arrangements for room rentals, food and beverage may be made with the golf course food service concessionaires.
- Outing reservation requests will be accepted one year prior to the date.
- Duties of the outing representative include:
- Processing the outing contract and handle all correspondence with Cleveland Metroparks.
- Collection and payment of all appropriate fees.
- Communicating outing regulations and golf course rules to outing players.
- Assigning starting times and supplying names to the golf clubhouse manager at least one day prior to the outing date.