Just minutes from downtown Cleveland, Edgewater Beach is located between the Memorial Shoreway (Route 2) and Lake Erie. Cleveland Metroparks has been operating Edgewater Park since 2013.
Edgewater Beach, located in lower Edgewater Park, has something from everyone. Make a day of it and rent a cabana along the shoreline or join a pick-up game of beach volleyball. Stroll along the beach while enjoying a delicious scoop of Honey Hut ice cream from Eats and Treats concession stand. Experience panoramic views of downtown Cleveland from the shore and experience a breath-taking sunset.
Looking to fish? Perch, walleye, smallmouth bass and steelhead are some of the fish you may find in Lake Erie.
Head to Edgewater Beach today and experience this urban gem for yourself. The park is open till dusk each evening all year round.
Lifeguard On DutyEdgewater Beach is guarded the first Saturday in June-Second Sunday in August, 11 a.m.- 7 p.m., then weekends through Labor Day 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Current Water QualityClick here
for current water quality conditions at Edgewater Beach.
- Eats and Treats concession stand serving Honey Hut Ice Cream
- Cabanas and beach chairs available to rent while lifeguards are on duty
- Charcoal grills
- Reservable picnic shelters
- Playground (Upper Edgewater)
- ADA Beach Wheelchair available for use while lifeguards are on duty
- Fishing Pier
- All-Purpose Trail
- Flotation devices (other than U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets)
- Glass containers
- Masks or snorkels
- Scuba equipment
- Pets on the lifeguarded side of water or beach
- Alcohol or drugs
- Spitting, spouting of water, urination, nose blowing, or defecation in the water
- Access to the water for any person with open sores or wounds
- Children younger than eight years of age without adult (18 years of age or older) supervision
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks Waterfront Rules and Regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.