Water’s Extreme Journey Maze
When & Where
January 7 - 11
10-4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
2277 West Ridgewood Drive,
FREE Event Runs from December 21, 2013 through January 12, 2014
Closed December 25, January 1 and Mondays
Developed with world-renowned marine life artist Wyland, Water’s Extreme Journey maze takes you on an exciting and important adventure quest for clean water. You will experience the watershed as a water drop, exploring first-hand the science behind the water cycle.
Through powerful interactives you will realize that even your daily decisions can immediately improve the watershed in your own backyard. Experience the water cycle as a drop of water, snow or ice. Learn to keep water clean through simple activities. Inspire stewardship of natural resources. Act to support clean water initiatives.
New Winter Solstice Operating Hours begin December 21:
Tuesday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Sundays noon - 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: The Watershed Stewardship Center is Closed
December 25, January 1 and Mondays
Friday, January 10
- 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. - Songs and Stories with Foster Brown. Join Foster Brown, Cleveland Metroparks naturalist, for toe-tapping water songs and entertaining stories.
Saturday, January 11
- 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Cleveland Division of Water - Cool chemistry demonstration. Visit with a scientist and learn more about the science of water. Watch a demonstration using a colorimetric test to detect chlorine, fluoride and phosphate in drinking water.
- 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Greater Cleveland Aquarium - "Keepin' It Fresh” exhibit. Through fun, interactive activities discover the deep, interconnection between Ohio's development and its freshwater systems like the Ohio River, Ohio & Erie Canal, Cuyahoga River and Lake Erie.
- 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Enviroscape interactive exhibit. Check out this awesome interactive model demonstrating how pollution affects a community. Cleveland Metroparks staff and volunteers will be on hand to demonstrate how our behavior impacts our local waterway and see what happens as pollutants run into local watersheds.
- Noon to 3 p.m. (drop-in anytime) Ahoy Matey – It’s Pirate Day! Set sail for an afternoon of fun and adventure. Explore Water’s Extreme Journey maze with help from a swashbuckling pirate. A treasure map leads you on a quest for clean water (and the loot)! Afterward, lads and lassies can make a pirate craft, arrrr!
- 1 – 3 p.m. (drop-in anytime) Citizen Science Drop-By. What is citizen science? Why do it? What’s involved? Meet and talk with Debra Shankland, Cleveland Metroparks naturalist, and find out the answers to these questions and much more.