Rocky River Nature Center
Nestled in the Rocky River Valley, Rocky River Nature
Center offers spectacular views of a 360 million year old shale cliff from the
deck overhanging the river. Go backwards through time inside the Nature Center
as you explore exhibits about the early inhabitants of the valley including the
giant fish of the Devonian sea, Dunkleosteus.
Children of all ages enjoy Hideaway Hollow, a giant oak tree with lots of
things to discover. View wildlife from the comfort of an Amish made rocker at
our bird feeding station.
Explore the gardens outside on your way to over five miles of trails that
lead from the Nature Center. The trails will take you to the rivers edge, a
wetland forest, ponds, hilltops and an ancient American Indian earthworks. The
nature sightings change along the trail in each season.
Cleveland Metroparks Nature Shop located on-site.
24000 Valley Parkway
North Olmsted, OH 44070
I-480 FROM THE EAST (*wayfinder
- exit at Clague Rd.*
- turn left (south) on Clague Rd.
- to Mastick Rd. (where Clague Rd. ends)*
- turn right (west) on Mastick Rd.
- Rocky River Reservation (Shephard Lane) entrance is on the
- turn right on Valley
Parkway (where Shepherd Lane ends).
I-480 FROM THE WEST
- exit at Great Northern Blvd.*
- turn right (south) on Great Northern Blvd. to Butternut
- turn left (east) on Butternut Ridge Rd.
- to Columbia Rd. (1st stop
- turn left (north) on Columbia Rd.
- to Cedar Point Rd. (1st traffic
- turn right into Rocky River Reservation
- You will pass Lewis Rd. and Frostville Museum on
- turn left (north) on Valley Parkway
TURNPIKE EXIT 152
- take I-480 East (see directions for I-480 From the
I-90 FROM THE EAST
- exit at Hilliard Rd.
- turn left (east) on Hilliard Rd. to Wooster Rd.
(1st traffic light)*
- turn left (north) on Wooster Rd. to Detroit Rd.
- turn right (east) on Detroit Rd.
- Rocky River Reservation entrance is 500 feet across the bridge
on the right.
I-90 FROM THE WEST
- exit at Detroit Rd.*
- turn left (east) on Detroit Rd.
- Rocky River Reservation entrance is 2.5 miles on the
right (across the bridge).
Hours of Operation9:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Daily (Closed: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day)
Take a virtual tour of Rocky River Nature Center