Senior Camp Counselor - Seasonal
Location: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Job Type: Seasonal
The Senior Counselor is responsible for direct supervision of campers and for conducting daily camp activities, including arts and crafts, games, music, nature activities, and tours of Zoo exhibits. These positions involve direct interactions with children ages 5-14, interactions with other Zoo division personnel, and will include hands-on animal interactions.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be available for training June 2-6 and mid-season review on July 15.
- Possess or be working towards a degree in education, biology, zoology, natural sciences, performing arts, or other related fields
- Previous experience in camp, zoo, aquarium, or nature center education preferred
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted, drug screened, and to secure three written references attesting to the suitability of the individual to work with children
- Personable and outgoing, work efficiently and in an organized manner
- Effective/strong communication skills
HOURS: Up to 40 hrs/wk
Summer Day Camp training begins June 2. Camp starts June 8 and ends August 14. To apply, send resume/application to:
Department of Human Resources
4101 Fulton Parkway
Cleveland, OH 44144