Fuel Dock/Marina Attendant
Location: E. 55 Street Marina
Job Type: Seasonal
The Fuel Dock/Marina Attendant provides retail service to customers at the marina fuel dock and handles the day-to-day dock store responsibilities. Serves the public with integrity to effectively and efficiently assist customers and represent the Park District in a professional manner.
- Provide immediate assistance to customers arriving at the fuel dock with re-fueling boats and fuel cans. Provide absorbent materials, as necessary Confirm fuel type requested, etc. Responsible for accurate register transactions for cash and credit sales. Understand and adhere to OSHA and environmental regulations regarding spillage, clean up, fuel transport, etc.
- Provide immediate assistance with docking/securing customer boats arriving for re-fueling at the fuel dock. Ensure proper care and safety to customers and property while securing and releasing dock lines and otherwise assisting customer’s arrival/departure from the fuel dock.
- Provide customer service and assistance for fuel dock and dock store purchases, including handling cash, credit and internal account processing.
- Processes Transient Dock requests.
- Regularly monitor fuel levels for gas and diesel supply tanks to ensure continuous supply. Keep manager informed of fuel supply for re-order.
- Responsible for re-stocking and maintenance of dock store inventory, including consumables. Keep displays neat and organized.
- Performs regular general clean-up/maintenance of fuel dock: fuel hoses properly stored and ready for use, dock clear of debris and unnecessary items and equipment, trash emptied on a regular basis, and trash disposed of in accordance with environmental and OSHA regulations.
- Assists with cleaning of bait tanks. Sells bait and tackle.
- Meets customer needs by selling merchandise. Provides quality customer service and ensures accurate point of sale transactions.
- Accurately performs store opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures daily Fuel Dock safety checks are performed at beginning of the day before opening.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including but not limited to dusting, mopping, cleaning bathroom, emptying trash, and maintaining a clean store.
- Performs daily removal of seaweed and other debris from the harbor water as needed.
- Keeps gas docks and associated public surface areas clean (uses water hose to spray down and scrub brush to keep area cleaned.)
- Adheres to Cleveland Metroparks Accounting Manual which provides policies and procedures for money/funds handling and deposits.
- Keeps manager informed of financial, customer and informational needs, i.e. inventory, sales or customer concerns/complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to swim or be willing to wear a life vest at all times when working on gas dock and water’s edge areas.
- Must be able to respond to any emergency situations that may occur in a calm and productive manner. Basic fire fighting drills and training sessions will be completed on a regular basis.
- High School diploma or GED required. Fuel attendant experience – preferably marina/fuel dock – preferred but not necessary.
- Ability/willingness to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Boat knowledge (especially proper docking/tie up for power and sailboats) preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, preferably retail cashier.
- Ability/willingness to work shift work, including weekends and some holidays.
- Excellent work ethic: reliability, responsibility and ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must complete fuel dispensing Class C Operator Training upon hire and TIPS training attendance after hire.
- Demonstrated experience with computers and/or point of sale equipment.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and evenings is required.
- Successfully passing a credit and background check is required.
- Must have a valid Ohio’s driver’s license.
WAGE: $8.10 - $10.40 per hour
HOURS: Up to 28 hours per week
TO APPLY: Retrieve a seasonal application at www.clevelandmetroparks.com and mail it to:
Department of Human Resources
4101 Fulton Parkway
Cleveland, OH 44144
Cleveland Metroparks is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and talented workforce.