Location: Various Locations
Job Type: Full Time
In this role, the successful candidate will be required to serve in various locations throughout the Park District.
The Park Manager plans, develops, directs, manages, coordinates, implements, administers and evaluates a comprehensive natural-resource-based park reservation with respect to each reservation’s physical facility inventory. Plans, staffs, trains, and monitors for optimum efficiency, cost effectiveness, and safety.
- Plans, develops, directs, manages, coordinates, implements, administers and evaluates an innovative and comprehensive natural resource based park reservation management program. Responds 24 hours/day to emergencies and required service.
- Evaluates reservation’s effectiveness. Organizes observations, prepares reports, and effectively communicates to appropriate levels of Park Operations management.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with local governments, interested organizations and general public.
- Inspects building, grounds and facilities to determine condition and alterations or repairs needed.
- Actively plans, prepares, facilitates and manages resource usage for special recreation activities and outdoor education programs within reservation.
- Prioritizes, prepares and assigns the daily and weekly work schedules. Plans staffing, interviews, hires, and staff training. Maintains payroll and human resource records for assigned staff.
- Trains and evaluates staff on proper operations and maintenance methods, techniques, policies and procedures.
- Plans, develops and manages operating and capital budgets, including purchasing services and materials, preparation of capital equipment specifications, and coordinates budget expenditures. Develops, supervises and coordinates requisition of services, materials and supplies.
- Performs related duties as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelors/Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum four to five years relevant experience. Park and Recreation experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated managerial level knowledge of the safe and proper operations and maintenance of typical park and recreation equipment such as tractors, front-end loader, graders, dump trucks, mowers, etc.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of methods and techniques of park and recreation management.
- Demonstrated management skills, including communication (verbal and written), visioning, problem solving, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professional and technical staff.
- Must be willing to work at any time of the week including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be non-smoker/tobacco user.
DATE POSTED: 11/20/2015
FILING DEADLINE: 12/7/2015
FULL SALARY RANGE: $55,236- $82,854/Annually. Typical Hiring Salary: $55,236 - $69,045/Annually.
TO APPLY: Your cover letter must clearly explain how your skills and experience align with the above job qualifications.
E-mail résumé referencing job #15268 to: