General Maintenance (Plumber) - Days
Location: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Job Type: Full Time
The General Maintenance (Plumber) employee, under direction of the Zoo Manager of Buildings & Facilities, performs skilled tasks which require specialized training, considerable experience and proven abilities. This position will utilize skills that emphasize the plumbing trade ,but also include, masonry, carpentry, electrical, welding, etc., as they relate to industrial building maintenance and construction field. Qualified candidates must successfully complete a hands-on skills test.
- Performs master level skilled trade work in plumbing.
- Performs considerable skilled and semi skilled work in electrical, welding, carpentry, masonry as assigned
- Performs all aspects of building maintenance
- Operates equipment such as tractors, chain saws, generators, trucks, back hoes and skidsteer.
- Provides construction labor for road and path paving, drainage tile, wood deck installation and other construction projects.
- Provides work direction to seasonal employees, as assigned.
- Instructs/trains other employees in the skill/trade or operation of a wide range of tools and equipment
- Repairs, replaces and maintains backflow prevention devices.
- Maintain lift stations throughout the zoo
- Paints buildings, fences, structures, etc., as directed.
- Responds to fire alarm systems, when required.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain safe work environment and surrounding area.
- Keeps supervisor informed of key issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least two years experience in construction or industrial maintenance.
- Physical capacity to perform outdoor labor and normal duties (commonly lifting 100 lbs.).
- Valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Position requires initiative, responsibility and ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Must be non-smoker/tobacco user.
WAGE: $23.74 per hour ($.50 increase each six months until achieving the union base rate of $25.24)
SHIFT: Sunday - Thursday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
DAYS OFF: Friday, Saturday
DATE POSTED: 5/26/2015
FILING DEADLINE: 6/3/2015
TO APPLY: Your cover letter must clearly explain how your skills and experience align with the above job qualifications.
E-mail résumé referencing job #15066 to: