Hayride Tractor Driver
Location: The Chalet
Job Type: Seasonal
Cleveland Metroparks is seeking seasonal employees to serve the public by assisting in operation of tractor-driven hay rides at The Chalet. Hours include evenings, weekends, holidays, and various shifts during the month of October.
- Service customers by safely driving tractor for tractor drawn hayrides.
- Maintain security of equipment and inventory.
- Responsible for safety and cleanliness of work area.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Assists park patrons in safe use of hayride equipment and areas.
- Checks tractors, vehicles, equipment, facility and grounds for damage. If damage is evident, follows notification procedure.
- Enforces rules of the Chalet with attention to safety, conduct and equipment.
- Safely inspects and operates all equipment.
- Performs manual labor including lifting and transporting of hay bales, splitting and stacking of wood.
- Provide first aid treatment for park patrons and staff as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies to ensure safety of workers and patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must work weekends and holidays.
- Must work flexible hours.
- Must be reliable and self-starter.
- Pleasant personality and appearance.
- Physical capacity to perform outdoor work.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license/ transportation to work.
- Hard soled, leather top or man-made work boots are required.
- Prior experience with driving a tractor or driving standard transmission vehicle preferred.
WAGE: starting at $7.95 per hour
For more information stop by The Chalet Job Fair on Wednesday, September 3, 2014, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Interviews will be held at the Job Fair!
Call (440) 572-9990 and press “0” to preschedule interview (limited availability).
The Chalet Recreation Area is located in
Mill Stream Run Reservation,
16200 Valley Parkway,
Visit clevelandmetroparks.com for driving directions.