Hayride and Toboggan Assistant
Location: The Chalet
Job Type: Seasonal
Cleveland Metroparks is seeking seasonal employees to serve the public by assisting in the operation of hayrides and toboggan chutes at The Chalet. Hours include evenings, weekends, holidays, and various shifts between the months of October and March.
- Service customers by assisting with hayrides and toboggan rides.
- Maintain security of equipment and inventory.
- Responsible for safety and cleanliness of work area.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Assists park patrons in safe use of hayride/toboggan equipment and areas.
- Checks toboggans, tractors, vehicles, equipment, facility and grounds for damage. If damage is evident, follows notification procedure.
- Enforces rules of the Chalet with attention to safety, conduct and equipment.
- Performs general cleaning duties of building and grounds maintenance which includes restrooms, public areas, snack bar, and storage areas.
- Safely inspects and operates all equipment.
- Assists in inventory of supplies.
- Performs manual labor including lifting and transporting of hay bales, toboggans, splitting and stacking of wood.
- Provide first aid treatment for park patrons and staff as necessary.
- Responds to emergencies to ensure safety of workers and patrons.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must work weekends and holidays.
- Must work flexible hours.
- Must be reliable and self-starter.
- Pleasant personality and appearance.
- Physical capacity to perform outdoor work.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on a continuous basis.
- Valid driver’s license/ transportation to work.
- Hard soled, leather top or man-made work boots are required.
WAGE: starting at $8.25 per hour
HOURS: Up to 20 to 40 hours per week
The Chalet is hosting a job fair! Stop by The Chalet (16200 Valley Parkway, Strongsville, 44136) on Thursday, September 10, 2015, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Interviews will be held at the Job Fair!
Call (440) 572-9990 “0” to preschedule interview (limited availability).
For more information, contact The Chalet at (440) 572-9990, Option "0" to schedule an interview or speak to a representative.