Pricing has been updated for 2014.
Discount rates valid for pre-registered groups only.
Payment in advance of visit is required.
In order to receive a discount, changes and full payment are due 72 hours prior to your visit (Master Card, VISA, Discover, check or money order), and may now be made online. We do NOT accept purchase orders. All additional ticket purchases made at the box office on the date of the scheduled visit will be at general admission pricing. Discount rates are unable to be applied at the box office.
- Call or reserve your trip online at least ONE MONTH in advance.
- Groups must submit final headcount changes and pay for their reservations at least 72 hours in advance prior to their visit date. If you need to cancel or reschedule please give at least two days notice.
- Paid bookings are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Bookings will not be modified in the event of no-shows.
- Groups that have not paid in advance for their reservation will be cancelled and charged full admission rates at the gate.
- You must inform our office prior to your visit if you will be including special needs youth or adults so we can properly adjust your reservation. Failure to notify us prior to your scheduled visit date will disqualify you from the special needs group discounted rates.
- Chaperone Requirements: A ratio of one chaperone for every ten youth/students is required. You may have up to one chaperone per five youth/students at the discounted rate. This ratio includes teachers. Chaperones must stay with their group to prevent disruptive or inappropriate behavior. Unaccompanied students may be sent to the ranger station.
- Groups with advanced reservations will now be receiving wristbands instead of tickets for admission to the Zoo and RainForest. Please note, wristbands cannot be shipped in advance of the group visit.
- Wristbands are valid ONLY for their scheduled visit date.
- Schedule education programs online or by phone at (216) 635-3391.
Note: Members of reciprocal zoos receive discounted admission to the Zoo and The RainForest (reciprocation covers the two named adults and two kids for a reciprocal family membership).
To register online for advanced discounted rates for schools and youth groups you must have a username and password that links you to the organization or school on whose behalf you are booking. If you do not currently have a username and password, please call (216) 635-3391 to have one created for you.
Limited Availability: School Travel Vouchers
Limited Availability: School Travel Vouchers
Can't afford transportation to the Zoo for your field trip? Zoo Bus not available on the day you'd like to visit the Zoo? Cleveland Metroparks Zoo makes your field trip more affordable with travel vouchers up to $250.00 for transportation. Eligibility is limited to schools that have at least 30 percent of their students participating in the federally-funded free and reduced-lunch program. A limited number of vouchers are available, so call 216-635-3391 today for additional information and application.
School Group Rates
A school is recognized as a location where education takes place in a school building that is chartered by the state.
(In-county schools include preschools in a school building.)
Cuyahoga County School Rates
(maximum 1 per 3 students)
||Additional Chaperones.....................Full price ($12.25)
(Out-of-county schools include preschools in a school building.)
Out-of-County School Rates
Things You Should Know
- Dates: When possible, avoid the spring crowds on weekdays from late April through mid June. Plan school field trips in the fall and winter months or early spring. Because fewer people are around, your Zoo experience will be more enjoyable and educational. Call as early as possible for school groups visiting M-F in the spring months or try booking your field trip online. We experience a heavy volume of calls March through June and it may take a few days for staff to return reservation requests.
- Hours and itinerary: Note regular Zoo hours, and plan on 1 to 2 hours to view The RainForest and 2 to 3 hours to visit the Zoo. RainForest entry times are no longer scheduled when making reservations, please enter the RainForest at staggered times on your own accord in small groups of 30 or less. Please note: You may stay in The RainForest as long as you wish. However, once you leave, you cannot be re-admitted. We suggest that you focus your visit on a portion of the Zoo, and return to see the rest.
- Entrance and parking: Parking is FREE. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is located at 3900 Wildlife Way. Buses park in the designated bus parking lot posted on the sign at the entrance. The group leader only should pick up the wristbands at the "Registered Groups" or "Will Call" window at Ticket Sales. Bus drivers are free and can sign in at any cashier window for their ticket after showing id.
- Accessibility: All areas are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs can be rented from the Main Zoo Gift Shop just inside Main Gate. Strollers and wheelchairs can be reserved by calling 216-661-7603.
- Food Court and Roaring Lion Café (located in the Welcome Plaza):
- Safari Snacks: Deli sandwiches, hot dogs, brats and Italian sausages, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Open year round 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Pizza Hut: Personal pan pizzas (cheese, pepperoni, supreme), breadsticks, beverages. (216-398-5750) Open year round 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- McDonald's: (216-741-0599) Open 10 a.m. to close, April 1 through October 31.
- The Amazon Café in The RainForest: daily hot dishes, grill, made-to-order deli sandwiches, salad bar, soups, pizza, paninis and more. Open year round, 10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. The RainForest does not have a lunchroom or coat check facilities.
- Aramark Sports and Entertainment offers lunch packages when ordered in advance. For pricing information and catering options please call 216-398-5750.
- Picnic lunches may be eaten in the non-reserved shared spaces located inside the Zoo. To rent picnic facilities at a special discount (Mon-Fri), call the Group Sales Office at 216-635-3306, or 216-635-3389
Plan your visit!
Use this Field Trip and Visit Planning Guide to get details on exhibits and estimated viewing times.
Need more information?
Contact Group Reservations (e-mail or call 216-635-3391)