1. What hours will the Zoo be open this weekend?
See the Zoo's Hours and Admission.
- The Zoo is open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Frida with extended weekend hours in the summer.
- Gate Opens 9:30 a.m. every day, buildings open at 10:00 a.m.
- The Zoo Box Office closes one hour before the Zoo.
- The Zoo is closed on January 1 and December 25.
2. How much does it cost for my family to visit?
3. How much does parking cost?
4. Does the Zoo provide internal transportation?
The Zoo provides complimentary transportation daily from 10am to closing from African Elephant Crossing directly to the Primate, Cats and Aquatics Building and back. Other trams routes may be available. On high attendance days, the zoo provides trams from the overflow parking lots to the main entrance. Heated transportation is available during winter months. All tram routes and times are subject to change
5. What events are coming up at the Zoo?
6. How much does it cost to bring my group to the Zoo?
7. Can I buy tickets to The RainForest and Zoo separately?
No - one ticket includes The RainForest and the Zoo.
8. How long does it take to see the Zoo?
It depends on how many people you have with you, how fast you walk, etc. Allow 2-4 hours to enjoy the Zoo and at least an hour and a half to experience The RainForest.
9. Can I get a season pass to the Zoo?
You can find out more about Cleveland Zoological Society Memberships and benefits on their web site.
10. Do I get in for free if I am a member of another zoo?
11. Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
12. Do you know of any hotels near the Zoo?
13. Where can I find directions to the Zoo?
The Zoo's address is:
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
3900 Wildlife Way
Cleveland, OH 44109
14. Can I take photos of the animals?
We allow photographs of all animals and exhibits from public viewing areas unless otherwise noted. If you are from a media outlet, we ask that you set up the photo shoot in advance. Call 216-661-6500 and ask for Marketing & PR or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org We do not allow umbrella type flashes or external lighting set ups unless special arrangements are made in advance.
15. I have a question about your Adopt an Animal program...
16. Where can I find information about Twilight at the Zoo? ("that fundraiser with all the bands")
17. Help - my pet is sick! What should I do?
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo shares your concern for the best care for animals; however, you may need to take your pet to a vet. Please check the yellow pages under Veterinarians to find the vet that's right for your pet.
18. Can I bring my pet to the Zoo?
19. Can I rent a wheelchair at the Zoo?
20. Can you help me identify this strange animal I saw/found?
21. I am working on a class project - how much does a zoo cost?
You will find that every zoo is different - size, how many animals, what type of animal, what price they choose to charge at the gate (if they charge admission), if they are supported by taxes or a non-profit society, or both... The list is endless and again, every zoo is different.