Location: Northeast Ohio
Research: Coyote Ecology and Behavior
The goals of this project are to study the:
- Distribution of coyotes in the Cuyahoga Valley Region including Cleveland Metroparks, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and Metro Parks Serving Summit County representing a gradient from highly urban and residential to rural, agricultural landscapes.
- Home range sizes of coyotes in urban vs. rural parklands.
- Health of population through medical assessments.
- Habitat use in urban vs. rural parklands.
- Seasonal changes of diet through scat analysis.
Understanding the role that coyotes, the top predators in our region’s ecosystem play is important to the conservation of all our native species.