Outback After Dark is our Australian-themed overnight Zoo adventure. Participants will enjoy a night at an Australian sheep ranch in the "outback." The program combines elements of Aboriginal culture, such as the opportunity to play a didgeridoo, and the European ranching culture of Australia. The group will see and learn about some of the animals that have been introduced to Australia and their impact on the environment. They will meet some of the Zoo's smaller Australian animals. At night, participants will learn about some of the stars one might see in the southern hemisphere from Australia and compare them to what is visible in our night sky.
The cost of Outback After Dark includes:
- Program curriculum and equipment
- Counselor(s) that will stay with your group through the entire program
- Shared sleep area in our Australian homestead
- A light snack in the evening
- Available sleeping mats
- Night security
- A light breakfast in the morning
- A souvenir for completing the program
- Admission into the Zoo and The RainForest immediately following your program
Frequently Asked Questions
Outback After Dark Registration Information
- Cost is $38/camper
- Maximum group size is 30 campers
- No minimum requirements for number of campers in your group
- There must be a total of 15 participants for the program to run
- Deposit is based upon the number of campers in your group
- Deposit must be paid at time of registration
- First group to book the program determines if the night is offered as all male, female or mixed group. You may be contacted after registration to move your date or sleeping location if your group differs.
- Parents or chaperones must accompany children under the age of 18
(PDF files require Adobe Reader: Adobe download site)
Back to Overnights home.