This free educator event showcases Zoo education programs offered at your school, at the Zoo, and for homeschool audiences. Experience some of the activities that take place during Zoo programming. Speak with Zoo education staff about their programs and professional development workshops. Learn how transportation vouchers for underserved audiences can make your school trip to the Zoo more affordable.
The Educator Open House event will be held in conjunction with the Zoo’s Party for the Planet to celebrate Earth Day, which provides a wider array of opportunities for educators and their families to explore the Zoo’s sustainability initiatives and conservation efforts. Guests can:
- Enjoy enrichment demonstrations with some of the Zoo’s larger residents
- Get Close with some of the smaller animals
- Meet some of the Zoo’s curators and animals keepers
- Do some planting with the Zoo’s horticulturists
- See a special off-season performance of Professor Wylde’s Animal Show
- Enjoy local exhibitors, music groups, and crafts
Open House registrants will receive special VIP entry on the day of the event and a gift of educational items to use with their students.
Registration for the Open House is required by April 7, 2013.
*Only pre-registrants for the Open House will receive free admission to the Zoo and The RainForest for themselves and up to three additional family members. You must bring your Registration Confirmation with you on the day of the event for admittance. Only pre-registrants will receive the gift of educational items.