Read a short bio about Steve and register for this event on The City Club of Cleveland's website.
Enjoy a great meal inside and get close to some small animals outside under the Zoo tent.
Keep an eye out for "Steggie," the Zoo's traveling dinosaur. The first five families that stop by the Zoo tent at Bob Evans will receive complimentary tickets to the Zoo's DINOSAURS! exhibit.
Want to get up close to some small reptiles, birds and mammals tonight? Then stop by our friends at Bob Evans tonight in Macedonia from 5 - 7 p.m. Enjoy a great meal inside and get close to some small animals outside under the Zoo tent.
If you can't make it tonight, then mark your calendar for July 13 at the Bob Evans in Willoughby and August 17 at the Bob Evans in North Olmsted. The Zoo will be at both locations from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo invites you to attend a special screening of "The Elephant in the Living Room" at the Cleveland International Film Festival on Saturday, March 27 at 4:30 p.m. The film, directed and produced by Ohio native Michael Webber, documents the work of Tim Harrison, Dayton police officer, firefighter and director of Outreach for Animals, an organization that educates people about exotic animals and discourages keeping them as pets (read more details about "The Elephant in the Living Room").
Immediately following the screening will be a FilmForum to address the question: "Should legislation exist to regulate the ownership of exotic animals?" The FilmForum features the following panelists:
- Michael Webber, Director of "Elephant in the Living Room"
- Tim Harrison, Police Officer/Firefighter/Paramedic/Founder of Outreach for Animals
- Steve Taylor, Director, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (partner)
- Moderator: Rick Jackson, 90.3 WCPN and WVIZ/PBS ideastream
The FilmForum is a chance for audience members to learn about the issues, ask questions and join the discussion. We hope you can make it! (Purchase tickets to the Cleveland International Film Festival online at ClevelandFilm.org.)
Okay, Cleveland. Here is your chance. We have a monster-sized challenge for you, should you choose to accept it. We're asking you to take T-rex on the road in search of your favorite Cleveland hot spot. So get out your camera and get ready to roll.
- July 15, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the WDOK Listeners Lunch on Mall C
- July 17, 6:30 - 9 p.m., with WNWV at Mapleside Farms, Brunswick
- July 18, at WKDD Kidz Day
- July 25, at Radio One Unity Day
- July 28, 5 - 7 p.m., at Bob Evans in Streetsboro
- August 13, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., at the Cuyahoga County Fair in Berea with Radio Disney
- August 19, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the WDOK Listeners Lunch on Mall C